Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Week's Almost Over

So, I did parent conferences today. Most of them had good things to say about my son, but he's having trouble in one class, but at least he's pulled his high F up to a high D. Maybe he can pull it up to a C- by the time grades come out.

So, on the work front, I've been tinkering with my resume. Maybe I'll start having a bit better luck getting more interviews.

Okay, so now for Nano:

The MC is actually based (loosely, very loosely) on John Grisham's The Street Lawyer. Her name is Mara Ravenclaw (yes, I took it from Harry Potter). She comes from a life of priviledge, as her father was a lawyer. She could have gotten a job at any firm, but chose to work for the Public Defender's Office instead.

You see, my own brother is a lawyer. Not a corporate attorney, but a criminal one. Specializing in Drunk Driving. Therefore, in some ways, the character is a tribute to him.

Now, on the Nano Forums, you will find a Topic titled "Dares". People make them and take them, in part to help you meet the 50,000 word minimum. At this point, I have accepted 4 dares and made 3, one of which was accepted.

The Dares I chose are:

Having a character use something from the evil overlord list
Name an establishment the The Black Cock (now I've got a name for the bar)
Include at least one terrible pickup line.
Start the novel with a certain sentence. Well, since it's not November yet, so you'll just have to wait and see what it is....

Next up: Friday, Friday, Friday!

No comments: