Tuesday, October 12, 2004

First Post

Hi there, and welcome to my world!

I'm currently attempting to do two rather stressful things in hopes that one will be completed soon:

1) Find a new job

2) Try my hand at this year's Nanowrimo competition

Personally, I don't know which is worse. It's my first year doing Nanowrimo, but not the first time I've had to job hunt.

With that in mind, a couple tips on job hunting:

First, check your own references once in a while. I recently learned that one of the phone numbers doesn't work and had to update my resume accordingly.

Two, tailor your resume to the job. The fastest way to get your resume tossed is by applying for a Bookkeeper position with a resume listing Objective: Accountant Position. They'll think you're overqualified. Worse yet, you could get the interview and have them tell you you're overqualified.

Nanowrimo: You'll find their website here:
http://www.nanowrimo.org Basically, the challenge is to write a 50,000 (or more) word novel in a month, starting November 1st. I got the challenge on the Sanguinus Curae Forums from Elysium Keeper, whose blog you will find here:
http://keepersnanoproject04.blogspot.com/


No comments: