Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday, Friday, Friday!

Well, survived another week, but no news on the job front. So I've decided to redo my resume.

On the political front, I had one person stop by my house Wednesday to make sure I hadn't changed my vote or my concern over the issues. (I hadn't), and had someone else call tonight to make sure that I was still voting for the candidate and could I be sure to turn my ballot in early? (See, here in Oregon, we don't go to the polls, we have mail in balloting.)

On the subject of voting, the local newspaper announced that there were record numbers of voter registrations. Yay! Maybe we really will have a decent turnout this election, even though Nader's off the ballot.

So on to Nano:

I went through the evil overlord list and picked a few to include in my book. At this point, the person(s) I'm going to use I haven't defined as of yet. So, they are:

I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.

A very important thing for vampires. You don't want people to know where your inner sanctum, which is commonly called a haven, is.

I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion.

Hee hee! A villian dressing in cheery colors! What could be better???

I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me bad news just to illustrate how evil I really am. Good messengers are hard to come by.

How very true.

If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Hee hee! This is a good one!

My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system.

Something every well-secured haven needs.

No matter how many shorts we have in the system, my guards will be instructed to treat every surveillance camera malfunction as a full-scale emergency

For a vampire, any daytime security breach is potentially deadly.

Any data file of crucial importance will be padded to 1.45Mb in size.

And make sure that the computer DOESN'T have a CD Burner.

I've got it outlined a bit. I just have to decide if I want to include an additional POV in the novel.

No comments: