Sunday, September 17, 2006

The 200K Mark and Assorted Things

Well, I made it to the 200K Mark. Less than 50,000 words to go, which is one whole successful Nanowrimo.

This week was also my 5th wedding anniversary. Wow, has my husband been putting up with me for that long already? We decided to celebrate it for real next weekend, but went out to dinner and a movie on the day of. Dinner was a disaster, but my husband was a cheap date that night because they refunded my money for his meal (he'd ordered a steak well done, they delivered it quite late and very rare).

I also entered an on-line trivia contest. http://fabulouscheesebabe.blogspot.com/

It's a four week contest, with prizes going to the winners. My googling skills were spot-on, because I got 11 points out of a possible 11 after I pointed out to the gal that there was more than one flower that smelled like carrion and was pollinated by flies. Fortunately, I picked Stinking Corpse Lily, rather than my first thought, Corpse Flower, which is actually pollinated by beetles. Her original answer was Voodoo Lily.

This week was a bit tough, as one of the questions (a four star silent film) seems a little subjective. Four stars for one site could be ten for another, after all. But I took my best guess, so I hope it's right...

No comments: