Friday, November 13, 2009

Nanowrimo Souvenirs

If I haven't mentioned it before, this is my 6th year doing Nanowrimo.

Over the years, I've collected various objects that either inspired or aided me in my quest for 50,000 words. The most memorable items include:

Bicentennial quarter - exceedingly rare to find in your change these days, it was the inspiration for my 2008 Nano, Tricentennial.

Coffee cup - arrived in my Nanowrimo care package last year.

pair of postcards from Illinois- (see above). I've included postcards from the Rose City when I sent out my Nanowrimo care packages.

squishy six-sided die - a great stress reliever bought for my 2007 Nano A Roll of the Dice.

set of light blue frosted polyhedral dice - picked up at a convention many years ago as 'swag'. Used for my 2007 Nano as a decision making tool.

pair of 1 1/4" ninja figures - picked up in Las Vegas last week during the convention I attended. They are 'plot ninjas', helping me boost my word count.

pair of rubber bouncy balls given to me by an ML (Municpal Liason) in 2005. I chose them because my MC 'had balls', literally and figuratively...

Okay, so I don't really have much in the way of souvenirs for my 2004 Nano, but still, it's starting to be an impressive collection.

No comments: