Sunday, October 07, 2007

Dusting off the Cobwebs

Wow, has it been almost a year already? And what a busy one it was, just as this one is now. I took a week's vacation in September, and I'm only just now getting caught up at work, just in time for all the month-end fun to begin.

So here it is, October again, and Nanowrimo looms just around the corner. At least I've decided on my costume for this year. It took a bit of doing, because finding a devil costume that is appropriate for an office is not the easiest task. Fortunately, Party City allows you to try on costumes. I was skeptical that an "Adult Standard" would fit, but it did, and as a bonus, the neckline has a drawstring that allows one to make it lower or higher.

The Nano site is currently as slow as molasses (can't imagine how bad it would be with dialup), but I'm hoping it'll improve. I did donate my $10 to keep the site going. I've taken a few dares, and finally, finally, things are starting to flow a little, and I think I have a story starting to take shape.

This year, I'm going to try to get a good start by attending a midnight write-in and taking the 1st day in November off. We shall see how well the strategy works...

No comments: