Sunday, November 27, 2005

Survived Thanksgiving

Well, I managed to survive another Thanksgiving with my family, but just barely. At least this year, I had a laptop. I set a modest goal while traveling to write a minimum of 1,000 words a day. I carved out small pieces of time, with one long session at the end of the evening, and managed to write no less than 1,800 words a day.

It's funny how motivating the Spreadsheet really is. You can see your progress and think "oh, I just need to type a few more words to hit 1,800" or "Oh, only 15 words and I'll be at 45,000."

It's a little late to start using it this year, but I'll definitely be using it next year. I just hope my hard drive doesn't crash... I just spent a few hours reinstalling a bunch of things on my computer, but the 160 GB drive still has more than 90% free space. Wow!

So anyways, did I mention I gave up on trying for 60K? Well, I'm still going to make a run for 55,000, or at least do more than the 50,014 I did last year. I also decided to change the title of my novel to Blood and Asphalt, which sounds a bit better.

So with that said, I'm at 47K and trying to make 48 tonight....

No comments: