Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Crafts


So in November during the heat of Nanowrimo, I came across UHU's sample offer thanks to Go Freebies.com. Basically, they send you project materials and a sample of their product in exchange for your opinions. I thought the project sounded easy, so I sent an email, and quickly learned that there were no samples left to be had, but they had projects every month.


December's project was to create glass bead magnets. I've seen this done before where a family made a whole bunch to sell at a flea market using very small stickers. They were cute, but not appealing enough to me that I wanted to buy any. I requested a sample and was pleased to find that I'd been selected.


When my package arrived, I found they'd supplied me with a full size bottle of their Twist and Glue product, along with ten glass beads and ten magnets. I decided to go with a wintery theme for most of them, and used a couple old Christmas cards with snowflake images for all but one.


The instructions were pretty simple. The glue was pretty easy to use, though the glue did blow tiny bubbles a few times while I was using it. After gluing the paper to the beads, I used my hubby's pocketknife to cut away the excess paper and then glued the magnets on. The magnets had a little tendency to slide off the glue, but I remedied it by standing the bead on the magnet. The glue dried amazingly fast, and I was even able to use it to repair the plastic USB Christmas tree too.


Here are pictures of the finished product. Four of them are going to be a Secret Santa gift. I'm keeping the rest. I love snowflakes :)





2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice write up of the UHU glue. Twist and Glue is my favorite, and once you use it, I'm sure it will be yours, too.

Like you, I love snowflakes. You did an amazing job making these, including the yin-yang magnet.

JadeMage said...

Thanks! The yin-yang was simply clip art I printed onto ordinary paper. It came out a little light, so I recolored it with a fine tip marker before I glued it onto the magnet.